If a person lives out of the area, can they still be named a personal representative of a will?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

Yes, a person does not have to live in the same city as you to be named as your personal representative. Anybody that lives in the same state as you can be your personal representative. If you would like to name somebody that lives in another state, they must be related to you by blood or marriage to act as your personal representative. Also, modern technology makes it much easier for personal representatives to act when they do not live in the exact area where you do.

This is printing from the single-videos page.