Will Medicare pay for a stay at a nursing home?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

Medicare will not pay for a stay in a skilled nursing facility. However if you’re in the rehabilitation portion of the skilled nursing facility Medicare will help you pay for that. The first 21 days that you’re in rehab Medicare will pay 100% of the fee. For the next 80 days that you’re in the rehab up to a total of a [100 00:00:23] days Medicare will pay 80% of the fee and your supplemental health insurance will pay the other 20% of the fee.

This is printing from the single-videos page.