Can I disinherit my spouse or my children?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

It’s easier to disinherit your children in Florida although certain minimum protection is provided for minor children as to homestead. As to your spouse he or she will normally have homestead rights, family allowance rights, exempt property rights and, if you absolutely provide nothing for them, what’s called spousal elective share rights. Please carefully consider this and consult with an elder law attorney before preparing your will or trust.

This is printing from the single-videos page.