Do I receive a payment upon the death of my spouse?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

Social security has a one time payment to the surviving spouse of $255. In addition you may be entitled to surviving spouse’s benefits which are greater than your own social security benefits. If you’re in probate you may also be entitled to what’s called family allowance. If there is a probate administration you should consult with your elder law attorney about the available payments as many benefits are available to you.

This is printing from the single-videos page.
Website Development Credit by PaperStreet