My father is not able to handle his own financial matters and is doing odd things. What can I do?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

First, communicate. Talk to your father, see if you can help him formally. Second, determine if a durable power of attorney would help the situation. If your father has capacity, that be enough to help him. Finally, evaluate the need for a guardianship. In some cases where durable power of attorney is no longer possible, guardianship may be required.

This is printing from the single-videos page.