If my mother or father is not able to handle her or his own financial matters, what can I do ?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

Communication is the key. Start by talking to your parents. It is possible that they may be slightly confused about some aspects of their finances and that you can help them. Secondly, look at your legal documents. A durable power of attorney may be very helpful. Perhaps your parents would entrust that power to you. Third, it may be necessary to file for a guardianship. We do not do that lightly and we recommend that that only be done if absolutely necessary. It’s always important to consult with a Florida elder law attorney about your options before you take any action.

This is printing from the single-videos page.
Website Development Credit by PaperStreet