Are there other ways of leaving property to my beneficiaries other than through a will or a trust?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

Check first for joint ownership. For example, the deed to your home may be titled to you and your spouse. In Florida, that would be called Tenants by the Entirety Property and would pass to the surviving spouse without any probate. Likewise, joint tenants with right of survivor-ship is a way for the surviving tenant, in other words the surviving co-owner to inherit. That does not require probate. Also check for beneficiary designations. Life insurance policies, annuities and sometimes even bank accounts can have a beneficiary name to be effective upon death.

This is printing from the single-videos page.
Website Development Credit by PaperStreet