What steps should I take to protect the house in case of nursing home costs?

<< Return to Video FAQs

Video Transcript

You can do a number of things. First, think ahead. If you are going to be in a facility, somebody has to care for the home. If you are a single person, that will typically mean either a family member who has been living in the home with you or perhaps an extended relative who will stay in the home as an extended caretaker. Take care of deferred maintenance items in advance. Consider estate recovery. If the home is passing to your heirs, or people who could be your heirs, it will be protected from the state. Consider use of a ladybird deed. Consult with your Florida Elder Law attorney.

This is printing from the single-videos page.
Website Development Credit by PaperStreet