Helping Clients Protect and Provide for Minor Children

One question that we’re often asked by clients who are parents of minor children is how they can make sure that their children are provided for in the event that they cannot do so. Our answer is that, in addition to having their own Advance Directive and Estate Planning tools in place, such as a Durable Power of Attorney, HIPAA, Health Care Surrogate, and a Will or Trust, that a Designation of a Health Care Surrogate, Guardian Declaration, and HIPAA Release can designate trusted persons to care for the minor children in case the parents become unavailable or pass away. In addition, reviewing beneficiary designations and setting up a trust with a trustee can help to ensure that the assets are properly managed for the surviving children.

With offices in Orange Park, Jacksonville, and St. Augustine, our Elder Law Attorneys help clients in North Florida prepare lifetime living documents, evaluate financial needs and strategies, and make plans to provide for future care of minor children in case of the parents’ incapacity or death.