Estate Planning for Adult Children

Did you know that Elder Law starts at age 18? Most legal rights attach to an individual when they turn 18 years old. If you are supporting an adult child or college student it may be difficult to assist them with academic, financial, or health care decisions without some essential documents.

To ensure that you can access your adult children’s health care and financial information, and help them when needed, we suggest that your adult children have these essential documents: a Designation of Health Care Surrogate, a HIPAA Release, a Durable Power of Attorney for Finances and Property, a FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Waiver (Permits certain family members to access grades and transcripts), and a Will.

If you need help with any of these important Estate Planning services for your adult children, do not delay and set an appointment with one of our caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable Elder Law Attorneys at any of our offices located in Orange Park, Jacksonville, and St. Augustine.